We started off with a recipe that I'm not particularly fond of (but my family loves)--Butterball cookies. The dough is pretty dry, though they do have a satisfying crunch, then almost melt in your mouth. We did have a bit of a disagreement over the quantity made--apparently I made them too big because my sister continually complained about the fact that the batch should have made about twice as many as it did--but they got what they got. At least I made them, you know?
![]() |
| Chocolate Chipper Champs and Butterballs |
![]() |
| Peanut Blossoms |
![]() |
| Photo by Brian Vibert |
![]() |
| Photo by Brian Vibert |
I'm exhausted. Baking for Christmas isn't over yet but we made a pretty good dent today.
Chocolate Chipper Champs
makes 6 dozen, depending on the size of your cookie scoop
source: my mother-in-law
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 2/3 cups brown sugar, packed
4 eggs, room temp
2 tsp vanilla (or 1-2 vanilla beans, scraped--I used 2)
4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups M&Ms plus an extra bag for decorating
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla/vanilla beans. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in candy and nuts.
Drop by heaping teasponfuls (or small cookie scoop) onto cookie sheet, either nonstick or on top of parchment paper. Press additional M&Ms into each cookie.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Keeps for 3-5 days at room temp in an airtight container. Freeze for longer storage.






No comments:
Post a Comment