I understand the obesity epidemic in our country and how awful of a thing it is. I realize it is not an ideal situation, certainly not one to be placed upon a pedestal and sought out. However, the reality is that there are plenty of us in this country who are not svelte, petite thangs and to ignore that fact is to deny profits from a large part of the population. So I ask, why do Halloween costume manufacturers believe that a size 12 is an x-large? And how is vanity sizing so prevalent everywhere else but costumes (and the bridal industry--though to be fair, they're actually using the "real" sizing and it's everyone else who's wrong). Again, you'd think they'd actually want to capitalize on a market that's limited mostly to one month a year. Make the most of that small window of opportunity and sell, sell, sell!
Further reminder that I need to find the time to ride and run again. Boo to the Halloween industry.
No comments:
Post a Comment